Online Safeguarding Training and E-learning
Blackpool Council Training
Blackpool Safeguarding Boards offer a range of online training courses delivered via iPool - Blackpool Council's E-learning Hub. Agencies and groups linked to the work of the Blackpool Safeguarding Boards will be able to register and access online training on the following:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Dementia Awareness for All
- Information Sharing
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty
- Safeguarding Children
- Safeguarding/Protection of Adults
- Safer Working Practices
As Blackpool Children Safeguarding Assurance Partnership is now joined with two other partnerships Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire, we can access Blackburn's extensive e-learning programme without incurring a charge. Please see the following link to view this. https://www.lscb.org.uk/e-learning/
Online training with KFx during the lockdown
KFx provides drugs education resources, training and other tools to help people who use drugs, people who work with drug users and their families and friends.
At present Kevin is offering the following:
- Basic of needle exchange
- Pharmacy and prescription medicine misuse – key products
- Alcohol – withdrawal and tapers
- Supporting methadone reduction remotely
- Benzos and tapers
- Supporting injectors
- Drugs awareness
- Drugs and mental health during isolation
- Drugs and law for housing in lock down
Kevin is going to run the sessions on Zoom as it allows him to use a whiteboard, presentation and camera at the same time. The sessions will be 60-90 minutes.
- 60 minutes of taught content where you can ask questions as we go
- 15 minutes afterwards for more wide ranging questions and discussion
- 15 minutes if people want to network, share questions or experience
How to book on
- If you can book on via Facebook Events https://www.facebook.com/kfx.substance/ and message Kevin to say you’ve booked on with an email address so he can send joining instructions to you.
- If people can’t book via Facebook they can email Kevin directly and I’ll book them on myself.
Participants will get a message/email with an invitation to Zoom: this will be the session that they are booked on to.
- if you haven’t used Zoom before it’s pretty straightforward; there’s no big installation to do.
- you can participate with a camera or without – it’s up to participants.
Kevin will email slides to people before the course and a note confirming participation afterwards
It will be £10 per session.
Direct -in-house booking
If you have several people you want trained then we can do it in-house too – just email Kevin and he can discuss numbers and pricing.
This may be useful if you have new starters or people covering unfamiliar roles.
Please contact Kevin Flemen at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries regarding the above information.
We need to talk about suicide
The We need to talk about suicide e-learning resource developed jointly by Health Education England and Public Health England highlights the devastating impact of suicide on individuals, families and communities.
The resource has been developed with support from a wide range of external partners including the charitable sector, blue light services, academia, experts in mental health and, importantly, people with lived experience, to ensure that it is fit for purpose.
Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP) Training
Recognising and Preventing Female Genital Mutilation
This is a free online course provided by The Home Office with the objective of training professionals to recognise FGM. The course explores the key issues related to FGM and how these affect the life of the individual.
Additionally, there is also an FGM resource pack available from The Home Office
Link to the College of Policing and Metropolitan Police Service e-learning package on Channel General Awareness. How Channel links to the Governments Counter Terrorism Strategy. Looking at the Channel Process and Purpose and how to support vulnerable people.