Safeguarding Training Courses
Given the current situation, we have taken the decision to postpone face to face training to ensure that we are not taking front line colleagues away from supporting the COVID:19 incident. However we are introducing limited courses for virtual training.
Please keep checking back on the website for further updates. Thank-you for your co-operation in this matter.
If you wish to apply for any of the training listed, please be mindful that there is an expectation that you complete a pre-course evaluation form and a further post-course evaluation after attendance.
If this process is not completed we may not be able to issue you with a certification of attendance and you may be refused a place on future courses.
- Basic safeguarding Adults training
- Contextual safeguarding
- Domestic abuse and elderly people including the Carole checklist
- Domestic abuse and teen dating
- Domestic abuse and the impact on Children
- Education - refresher for education designated safeguarding leads
- Graded care profile revisit
- Financial abuse awareness and pathway
- Harmful sexual behaviour
- Introduction to domestic abuse
- Neglect tool training (graded care profile 2)
- Practitioner resilience
- Problematic gambling
- Raising an Adult safeguarding concern
- Recognising and Overcoming Childhood Neglect
- Safer recruitment and selection for the wider Children's workforce
- Self-neglect awareness and pathway
Other events organised by Blackpool Safeguarding Boards
Training from other organisations
- Awareness of forced marriage resource pack
- Boing Boing resilience workshops
- Horizon - Drug, alcohol and sexual health